I have had the pleasure of working with many MATs and have written numerous handbooks for local governing bodies - written after considerable discussion with the Trustees/Directors and bespoke to each Trust's need.
There are many decisions to be made. They include:
- Who will appoint members of a local governing body or advisory board?
- What duties will be delegated and will they identical for every school in the MAT?
- What will be the minimum and maximum size of the local governing body?
- Who will appoint the Chair?
- What interventions will the Trust Board have?
I will be delighted to write your MAT local governance handbook and to ensure there is effective local governance.